[linux-audio-user] [ANN] jack_oscrolloscope 0.1

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Wed Nov 22 11:23:40 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 10:36:02AM -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:

> ...  The downside is that it is difficult to overlay drawing into
> this area that you don't want scrolled, which might be why
> freewheeling doesn't use the technique (I'm just guessing).

They trick here is to use a pixmap as window background for
the scrolling content (which is what Yass does anyway, as
otherwise you must be prepared to update any part at any time),
and draw the non-moving part over it directly to the screen.
The latter must then be redrawn on demand of course.

--
FA

Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.