[linux-audio-user] Linux/Ogg compatible audio player

bernie arai bernie.arai at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 03:52:25 EST 2006

On 11/23/06, greg <gkjoyce at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a year or two old cowon / iaudio player.  It's a 20gb with a
> remote display / control I'm not thrilled with.  It plays FLAC / ogg and
> more, shows up as a USB drive, both of which I am thrilled with.

i think the X5 is the new version of that player, without the remote,
and with (limited) video capabitilies.  i just got an X5 (30gb, but it
comes in 20gb too) thanks to reading the last thread on LAU on this
topic.  it mounts easy as pie as a USB drive, and plays oggs.  besides
working well with linux, it had all the features i was looking for (fm
tuner, fm record, line in encoding, jpeg display, high power sound)  i
would recommend it (shop around, i found it for cheaper than the cowon
"jet audio" online store).  the only thing i could complain about is
the line-in jack, usb plug and ac power is on a little expansion port
that you have to plug into the bottom.  supported by rockbox too, but
i haven't had a need/desire to try it out yet.

bernie