[linux-audio-user] Real-time kernel

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 01:27:15 EST 2006

Where is a guide to doing this?
I tried this:
http://tapas.affenbande.org/?page_id=6

with patch-2.6.19-rc6-rt9 and linux-2.6.19-rc6.tar.gz.
Won't boot.  I get various messages... I wanted to ask, is there
something I can post, and where, to show what is wrong with my
configuration?
One thing I get repeatedly is "hda_codec invalid_dep_range".  I get
lots of hits on google- of people asking the same question.

The only kernel I have working is not real-time, and jack can't keep
up.  I see lots of references to how low-latency operation is well
understood, but it seems everything changes very quickly and none of
the references I can find are definitive.
I tried this before, and came away deciding people with deadlines
don't use Linux; a real-time kernel has proven to be a pipe dream for
me.  I have two weeks until the end of the semester and lots of music
to do, but I'd still like to use Linux for it.
I'm running a laptop with a 2 Ghz AMD64.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
-Chuckk

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."