[linux-audio-user] hdsploader / changing soundcards

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Nov 29 11:28:59 EST 2006

hi georg,

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 14:30 +0100, Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> When I don't have plugged in my RME at bootup, I have sometimes the
> problem, that hdsploader is not able to upload the firmware onto the device:
>
> holzi at holzi:~$ hdsploader
> hdsploader - firmware loader for RME Hammerfall DSP cards
> Looking for HDSP + Multiface or Digiface cards :
> Card 0 : RME Hammerfall DSP at 0x34000000, irq 9
> Upload firmware for card hw:0
> Hwdep ioctl error on card hw:0 : Input/output error.
> Card 1 : Intel 82801DB-ICH4 Modem at 0x2400, irq 9
>
> I searched a little bit and found this tip from Esben:
> http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2006/05/0436.html - which also works for
> me ...
>
> So my question, is there also a way to get hdsploader working without
> plugging out/in the card ? (and without a reboot)

my procedure is usually unloading the snd-hdsp module and modprobing it
again. sometimes i have to unplug the firewire cable while unloading the
module ...
i didn't ran hdsploader for quite some time, though

cheers ... tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

There's no such entity as "most people". These are generalities. All
generalities are meaningless. You've got to pin it down to a specific
person doing a specific thing at a specific time and space.
  William S. Burroughs