[linux-audio-user] Real-time kernel

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 12:43:39 EST 2006

Hi Chuckk,

I have the rtirq script installed and working in my Ubuntu Edgy
installation together with a custom built kernel  using Ingo's RT
patch. What I did was to download the deb package available from
64Studio, extracted the files and then replaced them with the latest
rtirq script from Rui's web site. The debian version from 64Studio
uses /etc/default instead of /etc/sysconfig. There is a postinstall
command that you have to run which it's included in the postinst
script inside the deb file (part of the control files). Also I had to
modify the rtirq script that goes in /etc/init.d to make it run
properly, I had to change the path for the /etc/default script and I
had to remove all the 'function' words because that was causing the
script to stop with syntax errors (since the latest Ubuntu I've been
having problems with bash scripts and the 'function' keyword). So,
after changing and copying the files to their right location just
execute, as root, that postinst script (which will configure properly
the script so it's called at boot). If you want I can email you my
modified files and the postinst script.

Good luck!

Hector