[linux-audio-user] usb2200a

st st at tobiah.org
Thu Nov 30 14:55:12 EST 2006

This device may be convenient, but I don't like the idea of one piece
of equipment acting as the mic, the preamp and the ADC all at once.
For instance, you may some day want to sample at greater than 44100 Hz,
at which point you will have to replace the mic and preamp along with
the ADC.  If you had a good sound card and mic preamp, then you would
be free to try any mic that you came across with your equipment.  You
can also upgrade individual week links in your signal path as your
appetite for fidelity increases.  If this mic has a noisy preamp, you
are stuck with bad or nothing.

Tobiah