[linux-audio-user] hdsp no input or output

David Greene greened at obbligato.org
Tue Oct 3 12:12:13 EDT 2006

I'm having some trouble getting audio to and from an hdsp
cardbus+multiface II setup.

I can load the ALSA modules just fine, the firmware gets
loaded, Jack starts up just fine, etc.  But when I start
up hdspmixer and set levels, I don't get anything from
the input channels and I don't hear anything on the output
channels.

I had this working once before (with ardour, hdspmixer, etc.)
so I don't know why I can't get it to go now.  I seem to recall
there was some trick I had to do to enable everything but I can't
for the life of me remember what it was.

I'm searched through the howtos and list archives but no mention
of a problem like this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

                                    -Dave