[linux-audio-user] All sounds of Bristol/ZynAddSubFx/etc?

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Tue Oct 3 14:26:20 EDT 2006

Hello. I requested this months if not years ago. Could anyone play
all presets of Bristol/ZynAddSubFx/Juno and similar software synths to
a flac/ogg/mp3 file?

Or, for a start, could anyone generate a MIDI file which goes through
all presets and plays something simple? Can MIDI data be used to change
the instrument over all presets sequentially from 1 to N?

If not, I may write an OSC based program which does the same. But is
such a program needed? Could I just write OSC commands to a file and
feed the file to the input of the synth with existing Linux socket
program of some sort?

Yep, all sounds played sequentially in one audio file would be nice
as a quick reference what sounds are available. I would like to
do the same with commercial synths like Yamaha FM synths and analogue
modelling synths.

Juhana