[linux-audio-user] All sounds of Bristol/ZynAddSubFx/etc?

Drucer Ninetynine drucer99 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 17:48:38 EDT 2006

--- Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia at nic.funet.fi> wrote:

> Hello. I requested this months if not years ago.
> Could anyone play
> all presets of Bristol/ZynAddSubFx/Juno and similar
> software synths to
> a flac/ogg/mp3 file?

Very good idea! I hope somebody has the time and the
energy to do it.

I'd like to learn to use these software synthesizers.
I have heard Van Halen used Oberheim OS-XA on their
hit single "Jump", but when I tried to get the same
sound out of Bristol OS-X emulation, I couldn't get
any sound near that. But yes, I do understand, it's my
fault. I have never played the original Oberheim OB-XA
nor do I know how Van Halen got that sound by using
that synth (they have probably used some effects with
the synth in the studio), but I do want to learn! I
want to be able to play "Jump" synth parts with
Bristol and I know it's possible if I'd just learn how
to do it. So, sound samples and instructions would be
welcome! Thanks!