[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Aqualung 0.9beta6 released

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Oct 4 16:43:59 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 21:50 +0200, Tom Szilagyi wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 12:39:21PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> > >Yes. CD player support and internet radio (streaming + podcast) are
> > >the main feature sets we intend to do before declaring Aqualung 1.0.
> > >
> > >Tom
> > >
> > At which point I shall declare Nirvana found.... ;-)
>
> Sure, but don't hold your breath :)
>
> I make a decent living doing software engineering,
> but unfortunately it's not Aqualung, not even Audio,
> not even Linux. And the amount of my free time tends
> to vary greatly.
>
> But then we have other developers as well... :)

Just a thought - maybe Google or Ubuntu or another distro would be
willing to fund you.

I think it reflects very badly on the Linux desktop that the default
media player is either XMMS (unmaintained for years) or whatever garbage
Gnome and KDE are pushing this month.  A top notch media player that
distros could standardize on would be a big step forward.

Lee