[linux-audio-user] Needs Drums

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sat Oct 7 15:17:42 EDT 2006

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 10:49:10 +0200
Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 11:31:13PM +0100, Folderol wrote:
>
> > Would anyone like to add a fairly aggressive drum track to something
> > I've been working on?
> >
> > It's at http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Running_Through_The_Night.ogg
>

> Hmm. I think you should invest some more work yourself. I see some
> potential, but think the sounds are too digital and sparkly for this
> one (sorry for being broad, but this is what it comes down to).

Yes you're probably right. Maybe I got too dazzled by the effects and
forgot the instrument is supposed to support the music, not the other
way round!

I've been doing more experimentation with 'softer' instruments - it
totally changes the character of the tune.

> I would like to suggest giving a listen to Propellerheads Spybreak
> and perhaps the James Bond theme plus On Her Majesty's Service.
> No exact matches in mood or anything, just prime examples of the
> direction I would like to see this taken. Propellerheads beats
> qualify as fairly aggressive, given that I'm sure you don't usualy
> listen to Alec Empire or something ;)
>

> --
> Thorsten Wilms

Hmm, didn't think of comparisons with any of those (not watched James
Bond films for years). I can see a parallel with OHMSS.

... I'll be back!

--
Will J G