[linux-audio-user] Linux-friendly portable music player?

ken dawson chia wu dawsonwu at rahul.net
Fri Oct 13 18:38:07 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 07:47:05PM -0400, lanas wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:23:06 -0700
> ken dawson chia wu <dawsonwu at rahul.net> wrote:
>
> ... SNIP of description of gphoto2 usage details ...
>

> The interface is easily scriptable.
>
> Hope this helps.  Don't hesitate if you have questions.
>
> Cheers,
> Al

It did indeed help, and I am fabricating a script for myself as we
speak.  Two things, though:

    1. I find that whenever i do an upload to the T30, I get a bunch of
       complaints which look like an error is occurring, like the end of
       the file is being lost.  The resulting tracks seem to be ok,
       though.  Have you experienced data loss using these commands?

    2. Is there some sort of command which would ensure that the device
       can be properly disconnected, similar to a umount command fo file
       systems?  I feel a bit nervous just yanking the cable out.

Thanks a lot for your help.

/ken

PS: I was able to use gphoto2 to remove existing files and directories,
and to create subdirectories via the --rmdir, -d, and --mkdir options.
Using them is quite clunky, but once you get it, a script could make it a
lot more natural to do.