[linux-audio-user] [hit] new tune

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sat Oct 14 11:27:50 EDT 2006

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:06:27 +0200
Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 02:42:12PM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
>
> > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_one_hit_wonder1.2.ogg

Sounds very 60s :)

> My first impression was: Wow!
> Followed by noticing that overly strong bass attenuation again,
> trouble understanding a word and thinking the singer hides behind
> effects a bit much ;)
>
> Please up the vocals quite some.

I pretty much agree here. How do you check levels? Bass in particular
can be very sensitive to amp quality, and you need to keep in mind many
of your listeners will be hearing it on computer speakers, portables
etc.

> At 3:15 I had the feeling it's running out of steam a bit ...
> and then it was over, so the lenght is allright.

Yep agree here too

> I think you should try running the drums, especialy the snare,
> through tube warmth or a tube amp for more presence and some
> dirt.

Here we differ, I thought the percussion was OK!

--
Will J G