[linux-audio-user] Dave's Prelude

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Mon Oct 16 16:37:06 EDT 2006

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 07:10:57 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Gavin Stevens wrote:
>
> >I must've downloaded Dave Phillips' Prelude a while ago & then not listened to it.
> >
> >Finally corrected that oversight & greatly enjoyed it - nice harmonies.
> >In fact, a piece with a quiet, almost veiled beauty. I wonder if it
> >would work on an acoustic piano (although it sounds nice with the bell piano)?
> >
> >Thanks Dave - I look forward to more.
> >
> Thanks for listening to my music, Gavin, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
>
> That piece was written specifically for an electric piano sound on my
> Yamaha TX802, it wasn't really made with a regular piano sound in mind.
> No reason not to try it though. :)

<snip>

I think anyone recording piano pieces is very brave! I know, from my
childhood piano lesson days, it is a particularly unforgiving
instrument - probably why it is so often used for teaching.

't boy dun well.

To any other keyboard users, if you want to find out exactly how bad
your timing is, or how weak the melody, change the voices to piano -
best have a stiff drink handy :/

--
Will J G