[linux-audio-user] Fractal Music for Linux

Chip VanDan chip.vandan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 08:30:36 EDT 2006

I've been contemplating returning to some old projects however my
recent switch to the Linux platform has made it slightly difficult.  I
used to mess around with fractal music in Windows but I seem to be
having trouble finding anything for Linux along the same lines.  I
found one site that recommended using Cecilia, however I am not a
programmer, I'm not all too familiar with Cecilia, and I don't know
fractals inside and out yet to be able to create my own algorithms.
It seems the software on windows was always freeware but I can't seem
to find anything that has been ported to Linux.  That and most of the
sites seem to have gone down long ago.  Is fractal music an abandoned
theory or is there still research going on behind closed doors?  Most
importantly are there any generators available for Linux?

Chip