[linux-audio-user] flash 9 beta

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Oct 20 15:00:49 EDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 08:00:27PM +0200, Dragan Noveski wrote:
> hi,
> that was right, i had python as a symlink to python2.3, so i removed and
> put the link to python2.4.

Careful. If you're using a distro that still uses 2.3 by default, I'd
play it safe and leave that symlink alone.  Lots of distros use python
for various administrative tools. You could have problems like:
some administrative gadget provided by your distro uses some optional
package which you have installed for 2.3 but not 2.4, so you've just
broken said gadget.

In other words: don't do stuff like that unless you really know what
you're doing :)

(why distros still use 2.3 by default is beyond me...  2.4 is two years
old already and 2.5 just came out.)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com