[linux-audio-user] Smack and Seq24

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sat Oct 21 06:45:05 EDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 12:24:15PM +0200, Yves Potin wrote:

>         I try to build smack on gentoo, it's on the pro-audio overlay.
>         The first thing is that the ebuild needs to me modified to put this
> :  ESVN_REPO_URI="http://svn.codeson.net/flowcanvas" instead of
> codeson.net/svn/flowcanvas or the svn can't be found. Then, boost is
> needed to build flowcanvas or the configure fails. But all this is
> pro-audio overlay specific, flowcanvas then seems to build normally.
>         The real problem is on the build of the cvs version of om, which
> requires flowcanvas :
>
> OmModule.h: In member function 'virtual OmGtk::OmPort* OmGtk::OmModule::port(const std::string&)':
> OmModule.h:55: erreur: 'port' is not a member of 'LibFlowCanvas::Module'
> OmFlowCanvas.h: In member function 'OmGtk::OmModule* OmGtk::OmFlowCanvas::find_module(const std::string&)':
> OmFlowCanvas.h:41: erreur: 'find_module' is not a member of 'LibFlowCanvas::FlowCanvas'
> make[4]: *** [App.o] Erreur 1
>
>         Boost 1.33.1, gtkmm 2.8.3 and libgnomecanvasmm 2.12.0 are installed.
>         I have not reached the build of smack itself, but would anybody
> have an idea ?

The flowcanvas from codeson.net is a newer version, right for ingen and
patchage from the same repo.

I don't know what version of Om you can get from the pro-audio overlay,
but the semi-official last tarball needs flowcanvas from the om cvs
at savannah.

As there's no versioning, old and new flowcanvas can not coexist.
An alternative might be building static

The old Om doesn't build with gcc 4.x, but older will do, btw.

The successor Ingen isn't ready to be used yet.

Note that all pre-codeson.net stuff isn't supported by Dave anymore
and shouldn't be brought up on the om list or the #ingen channel.

--
Thorsten Wilms