[linux-audio-user] Does anybody actually perform with ZynAddSubFX?

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Tue Oct 24 16:52:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to set up ZynAddSubFX to perform professionally and
while in theory all is a bed of roses I just can't get the darn thing to
be at least REASONABLY stable enough so I would actually even allow
myself to THINK about going near a stage. No way with this pile of junk.

Don't get me wrong it sounds great, but under real time circumstances
the thing just breaks down. I just can't count the amount of time I
spend re-opening patches.

So frustration expression past, has anybody done what I want to do,
being using Zyn under real time circumstances? And actual real LIFE
circumstances?

Thanks for your input.

Tech specs: 2GHz Pentium 4, Roland Edirol FA-101 on Freebob 1.0,
Dynebolic 2.1. 24/96. Had similar issues with the Internal sound card.

Carlo