[linux-audio-user] Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Oct 25 16:13:31 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 13:19 -0400, Rob wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 October 2006 13:07, Paul Davis wrote:
> > out of interest, how do you print a document without a command
> > line
>
> "File/Print" and then click OK.  Works in kwrite, gedit,
> Openoffice, pretty much any document-producing app worth
> installing.

no, no. i am talking about being in a file browser, not in a document
editor. lets say i find foo.txt or bar.png or baz.pdf and i want to
print it. what do i do?

because in a command line environment i don't have to start up an
editor, i just type "lpr foo.txt". it seems to me that this *must* be
possible from the GUI equivalent, but in GNOME at least i cannot find
it.

--p