[linux-audio-user] Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Wed Oct 25 17:07:31 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 22:44, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 22:36 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > I guess something like Print is in the context menu of a lot of GUI
> > environments. It is in Windows, I guess it should be in Gnome as well.
>
> Really?  So you can right click->print a Word doc in Explorer and it
> will print without opening Word?  I don't remember Windows doing this...

Not all is bad on the dark side.
Windows has a quite well working componentized framework for things like this.
The print component associated with the document at hand will be instantiated
without the entire app needs to be launched (atleast not visibly).

Many things on the dark side are however so horribly wrong... After atleast 5
years of being free of windows I have very recently been forced back due to
work... some things just drives me nuts, I'm making a list ;-).

/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/musicsite/