[linux-audio-user] Music: Running Through The Night on drums

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Wed Oct 25 17:10:39 EDT 2006

Hi!

So after some final tweaks it's done. Will J Godfrey's "Running
Through The Night" with my percussion and mixing:

archive.org/details/running_through_the_night

All chromatic sounds are the orginal ZynAddSubFX patches,
plus a little additional Om for organ and the pads.

I used Ardour to automate the tube amp plugin's gain and the
rotary speaker speeds for my organ. Afterwards I found it was way
too thin, but works fine as addition ... so much for relying on my
sonic imagination ;)

Otherwise sequencing and mixing happeded in MusE, as I prefer
having MIDI and Audio in one place.

Percussion is made up of a bunch of Om patches plus a single bar
long Hydrogen loop. The goal was to get the beat rolling.
I programmed it seperately with 105 BPM and some swing, sped it
up to the final 140 BPM via Audacity to get that breakbeat sound.
Oh, I also slowed it down to 70 BPM :)

As usually, all comments and questions welcome!
All my material can be had seperately on request.

Thanks to Will for letting me work with his great material :)

--
Thorsten Wilms