[linux-audio-user] Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 00:09:49 EDT 2006

On 10/25/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> for our kids, it didn't too many shared homework assignments in which
> they found that their lab partners couldn't share .doc files written on
> different windows or mac machines (even ignoring linux) before this
> lesson was easily learnt, with very little input from me.

I wanted to add a hearty "amen" to this.  I've had a really tough time
moving people to Linux at work, mostly b/c, as they say, MS Office is
compatible with itself, therefore we should stay on a platform that
supports that (Windows).  That argument is absolute bullshit,
evidenced by the number of help desk calls I get per week of people
complaining about Office not playing nice with itself.

Now back to your regularly scheduled printing thread... :)

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com