[linux-audio-user] jack_mixer - frist release

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Thu Oct 26 02:11:23 EDT 2006

"Hector Centeno" <hcengar at gmail.com> writes:

> Nice software! Thank you!
>
> I built it but at installation I get this error message:
>
> $ sudo make install
> mkdir -p /usr/share/jack_mixer/
> cp _jack_mixer_c.so jack_mixer_c.py abspeak.py channel.py gui.py
> jack_mixer.py meter.py scale.py serialization.py serialization_xml.py
> slider.py jack_mixer.glade /usr/share/jack_mixer/
> ln -nfs /usr/share/jack_mixer/jack_mixer.py /usr/bin/jack_mixer
> cp jack_mixer.schemas /etc/gconf/schemas
> GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source` gconftool-2
> --makefile-install-rule /etc/gconf/schemas/jack_mixer.schemas
> Resolved address "xml:merged:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults" to a
> writable configuration source at position 0
> I/O warning : failed to load external entity
> "/etc/gconf/schemas/jack_mixer.schemas"
> Failed to open `/etc/gconf/schemas/jack_mixer.schemas': Not a directory
> make: *** [install] Error 1

In GNUmakefile, change line 22: to
INSTALL_GCONF_SCHEMAS_DIR=/usr/share/gconf/schemas

> But I can run it and seems to be working. Do you have any idea why am
> I getting this error? I'm using Ubuntu Edgy.

The only thing you miss when gconf schema fails to install is gconf
values descriptions (help text) and system wide defaults. Defaults
should fallback to hardcoded ones (same as ones in supplied gconf
schema).

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>