[linux-audio-user] Printing from WM (Was Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 09:55:02 EDT 2006

On 10/26/06, Peder Hedlund <peder at musikhuset.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Paul Davis wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 12:30 -0400, Rob wrote:
> > > "To do anything you want on this Linux machine you
> > > will never need to see a command line or edit a config file."
> >
> > out of interest, how do you print a document without a command line and
> > without going into a document editor of some kind?
>
>  Start xpp, drop file in File-strip, select printer, click Print
>  (acctually doesn't work excactly as advertised here with xpp 1.5 and
>  rox 2.3. You have to trim the "file://" part)
>
>  Xfce has a printer icon to add to its launch-bar that you can drag-n-drop
>  to (haven't tried it myself though).
>
>  - Peder

I hadn't heard of xpp. I built it, selected a pdf printer (to save
paper in case of disaster) and tried dropping an Open Office
spreadsheet file into it. It crashed with no messages and disappeared.

It's probably far too much to ask for tools like this to understand
filetype associations and bring up the right apps. I showed that at
least in this case it didn't work.

- Mark