[linux-audio-user] [Music] The deluge continues

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Oct 27 13:27:15 EDT 2006

Jonty Needham wrote:

>What software did you use? The flute is brilliant, the guitar is wonderful,
>and the texture on the bassoon is great. How did you do it all?

All instruments are from the 8mbgmsfx.sf2 soundfont, played via QSynth.
The output from QSynth is routed to Jack Rack running the Versatile
Plate Reverb LADSPA plugin. I recorded the original stereo WAV routing
Jack Rack's output to ecasound.

The MIDI sequence was created in Sequencer Plus Gold, running under
DOSemu. I've been using this sequencer since 1985, by now it's a
familiar instrument.

I've written elsewhere in this thread re: the composition itself. It's
basically a series of more-or-less related improvisations on a 12-tone row.

Best,

dp