[linux-audio-user] Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

Drucer Ninetynine drucer99 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 16:12:34 EDT 2006

--- Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> For kicks I built E17. It runs on my AMD64 machine
> and looks fairly
> nice but many of the basic windowing operations seem
> sort of slow
> compared to Gnome.

Did you check the configuration tool? Check it out -
you can set the value of frames per second. I do not
remember what the default value was, but I could set
it up to 200 frames per second with my 2.8GHz P4
system with Matrox Parhelia P650 graphics adapter. It
was faster than anything else I've tried with this
computer (and I've been running XFCE mostly).

Anyway, maybe you compiled it with wrong options or
something. It should not be slower than Gnome under
any circuimstances. I suggest you wait until it's
officially released and then test it and see if you
like it.