[linux-audio-user] Vocals

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Oct 30 23:01:11 EST 2006

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Dave Phillips wrote:
>
>> One possibility is an analysis/resynthesis method, maybe LPC or phase
>> vocoder. Extract the spectral envelope from one voice and apply it to
>> another (aka the talking orchestra effect). You can that with Ceres.
>
> Good suggestion if he wanted to sound like a certain person.
> Unfortunately as far as I understand it he want's to *not* sound like a
> certain person.

Try adding barriers to the analog pathway like a mute for a trumpet or a
loudspeaker. Sing in a small room or a tin hut. Sing from a distance
into the mic. EQ out certain frequencies. Add a little reverb apply a
tiny bit of flange or filter maybe a bit of distortion. You'll end up
sounding like Tricky with a bad cold in no time :-)

Britney uses Auto-Tune for all her tracks. We don't have that tool for
Linux yet so make like Bowie and create your own FX setup.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com