[linux-audio-user] Lashd won't start.

juuso.alasuutari at tamperelainen.org juuso.alasuutari at tamperelainen.org
Sun Sep 3 04:51:00 EDT 2006

Quoting Forest Bond <forest at alittletooquiet.net>:

> > Anyone seen this before? Happens when I try to start lashd.
> >
> > brian at grace ~ $ lashd
> > No supported SIMD instruction sets detected
> > Connected to JACK server with client name 'LASH_Server'
> > Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 129
> > conn_mgr_start: could not look up service name: Servname not supported
> > for ai_socktype
> > loader_run: server closed socket; exiting
> > Segmentation fault
>
> This is usually what happens if you are missing the appropriate line in
> /etc/services (lashd shouldn't crash when this happens, but does.)

I'm the other one suffering from this bug, although I don't get that
conn_mgr_start message before the segfault. Also on my box lashd stays up and
quiet until I try to run any client.

I have this in /etc/services:
  lash    14541/tcp    # LASH client/server protocol
That should be about right, no?

Since this has something to do with sockets and ports (my knowledge of these is
very limited) I tried shutting down the firewall, but that didn't help. Could
there be some kernel feature I'm missing, in the networking section perhaps?

Brian, what kind of kernel are you running? Have you customized it?

Thanks,
Juuso