[linux-audio-user] Wine introduces ASIO support

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Sep 3 09:13:55 EDT 2006

On Sunday 03 September 2006 00:15, linux-audio-user-request at music.columbia.edu
wrote:
> > Would love to test this thing! BTW, one app that almost runs on WINE is
> > Tracktion (Many of its pop-dialogs simply never appear and must be
> > dismissed with ALT-F4 to continue) It ASIO option in there and it detects
> > devices from the windows/system directory. It can read its sample
> > projects and attempt to play them. Ready to go?
>
> sounds about as buggy as the linux port of Tracktion..which i'd rather use.
> does Jules release the source? afaik JUCE has been linux-native for a
> while..

I never said Tracktion is ready to use under WINE. It is just available to
check operation of ASIO sound cards.

JUCE is linux-native, I believe opensource.

A reason the UI is not fully functional is that it may be based on tk.

So a linux port may be in order ... but this is paid software so how many
linux-audio-er's want to fork up the dough?