[linux-audio-user] Wine introduces ASIO support

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Sep 3 10:45:08 EDT 2006

David Baron wrote:

>I never said Tracktion is ready to use under WINE. It is just available to
>check operation of ASIO sound cards.

Every now and then I check various Windows music apps against the latest
release of WINE. I did try running Tracktion, the GUI appeared but it
was non-functional.

>JUCE is linux-native, I believe opensource.
>
>A reason the UI is not fully functional is that it may be based on tk.

Not much of a reason. Tcl/Tk is cross-platform, it shouldn't be an awful
job to port Tracktion's GUI (if it is based on Tk).

>So a linux port may be in order ... but this is paid software so how many
>linux-audio-er's want to fork up the dough?

Some, maybe not so many, but I doubt we're the target market. Newcomers
might be interested, along with Win/Mac users who would try using
another OS if [their favorite software titles here] ran on a Linux
system. I'd probably try it.

Best,

dp