[linux-audio-user] M-Audio omnistudio USb jackd issues

Chris Abbott redfox at 99b.org
Sun Sep 3 19:59:05 EDT 2006

I'm not sure what jack's problem is, but it returns this no matter what
I use on my omnistudio.

~$ jackd -dalsa -dhw:1 -r48000 -p1024 -n2 -i4 -o2
jackd 0.101.1
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

apparent rate = 48000
creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1|1024|2|48000|4|4|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:1
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Note: audio device hw:1 doesn't support a 32bit sample format so JACK
will try a 24bit format instead
Note: audio device hw:1 doesn't support a 24bit sample format so JACK
will try a 16bit format instead
Sorry. The audio interface "hw:1" doesn't support any of the hardware
sample formats that JACK's alsa-driver can use.
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
cannot load driver module alsa
no message buffer overruns

I know the device works. because I can get beep and other media players
to talk to hw:1,0 and hw:1,1. Both of those are the same device. For
some reason Alsa splits it into two 2x2 units, instead of a single 4x4
or 4x2. And yes it does support 24-bit formats, but not 32-bit. Is this
something in the alsa-jack driver? I'm running Ubuntu 6.06 LTS for ppc.