[linux-audio-user] Lashd won't start.

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Mon Sep 4 16:33:45 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 16:23 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 13:47 -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > As far as the /etc/services thing, I think I'm going to drop that entry,
> > join the 21st century and use ZeroConf (via Avahi) to solve this problem
> > (which is exactly the problem zeroconf was meant to solve) - bonus
> > points for working over a network as well, which /etc/services doesn't.
> >
> > If anyone has any serious objections to Lash depending on Avahi, speak
> > now or forever hold your peace...
>
> Did you ever register the LASH service with IANA?

Nope. TBH I don't particularly want to.

I plan on OSCifying LASH one of these days which would make it a
different (enough) service, and it's not (by a long shot) the only LAD
thing that needs this problem solved, and most of those don't have
registering with the IANA as an option (eg basically any app that uses
OSC whatsoever).

Might as well solve it right..

-DR-