[linux-audio-user] Sample rates > 44100 with Edirol UA-25

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Mon Sep 4 19:29:22 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 12:57:51AM +0000, Cesare Marilungo wrote:

> After more than a year of using this device, I've found that I cannot
> run it at 48KHz, or 96KHz.
> Doesn't snd-usb-audio support higher sample rates for this device?
> Reading the source code I guess it should, but it isn't working here.

I have an UA-2 which is similar, and it works perfectly at 48 and 96 kHz.
In fact it works a lot better (much lower latency possible) at these
rates than at 44.1 kHz.

For the UA-2, if you change the sample frequency or mode, this involves
setting a hardware switch on the device, and then restarting snd-usb-audio
by a 'modprobe snd-usb-audio'.

--
FA

Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.