[linux-audio-user] Connecting a MIDI keyboard SOLVED

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Sep 6 06:42:43 EDT 2006

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:36:18 +0200
"Clemens Ladisch" <cladisch at fastmail.net> wrote:

> Use "aseqdump -p 16:0" to check if the Delta ports receives any data.

Thanks, this is a great tool.  kmidimon was also suggested, but the yum
of CCRMA did not find it (even though it is listed) when doing a 'yum
install kmidimon'.

With aseqdump I finally found out that the pcboard on the Yamaha
keyboard is loose and has to be kind of wiggled a bit so as to produce
the continuous 'active sensing' MIDI messages displayed by aseqdump.
Unless I open it up and solder the pcboard, this is surely not a stable
setup !  At times there were no midi off messages sent, so notes were
hanging in the Zyn synth.

Thanks to everyone for the help.  The virtual keyboard was very useful
to see what proper reception of MIDI events looks like (without 'active
sensing' messages).

Thanks,
Al