[linux-audio-user] Intel Core 2 Duo users already?

joel silvestre j.silvestre at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 6 13:43:31 EDT 2006

Le mercredi 06 septembre 2006 à 09:31 -0700, michael at michaelshiloh.com a
écrit :

> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, joel silvestre wrote:
>
> > Le mercredi 06 septembre 2006  06:26 -0700, Drucer Ninetynine a crit :
> >> Hello again, anybody out there who is already using
> >> Intel Core2Duo systems? Share your thoughts!
> >>

> > I have a laptop bought from Keynux without windows.
> >
> > Specifications are here:
> > http://www.clevo.com.tw/products/M550N.asp
> >
> > Smp real time kernel, 2.6.16 or 2.6.17 based boots only whith acpi off,
> > No acpi leads to a quite unusable laptop...
> >
> > Single CPU real time kernel are ok. 32 frames * 3 without any problems.
> >
> > The video controller driver is only in Xorg 7.1. Some distribution like
> > Ubuntu do a backport to Xorg 7.0.
> >

> > Joel
>
> And what's your impression so far? Also, how was your experience with Keynux?

So far no problem with Keynux.

The performance seem's to be here. It's globaly faster than my dual
XP2400 desktop.

The display (SXGA+ 1400x1050 TFT) is not the best in the world. The
vertical viewing angle is too small and it's not really anti-glare.
The case is a full plastic case. Good plastic I hope..!
I will take extra care, just in case...

I haven't yet do a real audio work with it but I'm quite confident about
the results.

Joel