[linux-audio-user] Just a little question

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Wed Sep 6 17:40:34 EDT 2006

I'm still a bit confused about some aspects of setting up a machine
for decent audio work.

Does having RT kernel have any negative aspects when the computer is
used for general office work? Would it be best to use a different
computer for this (or different partition perhaps) and keep the audio
M/C strictly for audio and nothing else?

Am I right in thinking there are issues with some things (jack) working
with root privileges that might have security implications?

OK I know that's more than one question :)

--
Will J G