[linux-audio-user] That Windows feeling...

Wed Sep 6 18:16:52 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 06:30 -0400, lanas wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:48:42 -0700
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU> écrivait:
> > I'm not sure I follow which is which. It tries to send 1600x1200 to a
> > 1024x768 monitor? Or the other way around? Which other app are you
> > refering to?
>
> I am using SuSE presently for writing this, so I can't refer to the
> actual Fedora menus and apps dorectly, but I'll try to describe.
>
> In Fedora there are two ways to see and change the screen resolution.
> The first is called 'Screen Resolution' and does not require root
> access.  The other is called something else and asks you the root
> password before proceeding.
>
> #1 will say the screen is 1024x768, which is quite right, but will
> offer no other, higher, screen resolutions.
>
> #2 will report that the screen is 1600x1200 (which is not).  I've
> configured this one for the proper monitor, which is a Viewsonic VP211B
> 21.3" TFT.

What I'd try (just a workaround, of course) is to select the "LCD Panel
1600x1200" monitor type instead of the "proper" model. At least that's
what I did in my laptop as it did not automagically detect the max
resolution (I don't remember exactly what I did but that's what is
selected right now).

> Graphic card is a GeForce 6600.  Apart from editing the xorg.conf file
> directly, I do not see how to get a higher screen resolution than the
> 1024x768 since the system thinks it has 1600x1200 and offers nothing
> more than 1024x768.
>
> Also, is there any 64-bit version of CCRMA ?

Sorry, no, not yet.
I have more plans than time to carry them out...

-- Fernando