[linux-audio-user] sound recording application

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 09:50:16 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm writing this for a friend who is Linux saavy, but not a member of
this list, nor a "sound guy."

He needs an audio application that will record for a specific amount
of time, say, for 4 hours, without user intervention.  He needs to be
able to say, begin recording conference at 9:00 AM and stop at 4:00 PM
and walk away without ever thinking about it again.  I'm familiar with
all of the basic sound apps (Audacity), but I am completely stumped
when it comes to the timer aspect of his request.  Anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks,

Josh

--