[linux-audio-user] sound recording application

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Sep 8 08:35:00 EDT 2006

Hallo,
glauber alex dias prado hat gesagt: // glauber alex dias prado wrote:

> i was wondering isnt it best to have a compressed output like ogg or
> flac? i dont have such experience but how much of GB are we talking
> about with 4 hours of uncompressed audio?

If you use ecasound as I recommended (and not the much less reliable
arecord that's all the rage in this thread's recent mails), you can
just replace .wav with .ogg in your command line and you will get a
compressed ogg-file recording instead. Same with mp3, if you have
configured an encoder in ecasoundrc.

Ciao