[linux-audio-user] Using USB MIDI boxes with another soundcard under JACK?

Joseph Jones bumpycarrot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 20:14:38 EDT 2006

So I have an M-Audio Black Box guitar system, which I love for giving
somewhere to plug my instrument-level gear straight into my little
Shuttle that I use for audio work.

Unfortunately, the Black Box doesn't have a midi-in (other than a
clock port), so what I'm wondering is whether it's at all possible to
use a seperate device to handle midi. I know you basically can't do
that with audio devices, but I thought midi might be a possibility.

Any help is much appreciated :)

--
Joe Jones