[linux-audio-user] Drumkit woes

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Mon Sep 11 17:45:11 EDT 2006

I have some MIDI tracks that use the Yamaha SY35 drum kit. I can
duplicate most of the samples and the few I can't find elsewhere I can
record from the Yamaha. I had hoped to then build up a drum kit in
Hydrogen so that I can use these MIDI files without a lot of messing
about.

However I find that the lowest 'note' in Hydrogen is almost an octave
above the lowest one on the SY35. This I can easily get around by pitch
shifting the entire track. However, what is more serious is that
Hydrogen doesn't have anything like enough 'notes' so even without
shifting up, a lot would be lost off the top end.

Can anyone suggest a way round this? I REALLY don't want to edit the
files note-by-note. I tried that once and it almost drove me nuts.

--
Will J G