[linux-audio-user] Musix GNU/Linux 0.59 released

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 18:43:59 EDT 2006

El Domingo, 10 de Septiembre de 2006 19:52, Ketil Thorgersen escribió:
>      > However for some strange reason both this (0.59) and the previous
>
> iso
>
> >>      > fails to come up on my fairly ordinary laptop with an intel i810
> >>      > graphics card.
> >>
> >> fails to come up? What do you mean exactly? video problems?
>
> Yes.
> I get the prompt with the menu. I write menu and choose video config
> (when no other option works) and tries all 3 autoconfig options. Noone
> works.

Well, that's maybe an horrible bug, try with the New Musix 0.59b18 ISO image.

http://www.musix.org.ar/en/download.html

> Then I try manual setup which worked with the previous release,
> but not in 0.59.

TOO Many packages were upgraded from debian/testing, and Debian/testing is not
too much stable these days, so, maybe it's just that... but keep trying ¿did
you tried with fb800x600 or videovesa options from the Musix's boot prompt?

> But as I wrote - it works with the non-rt kernel.
>
> Hopes for a fix as this looks perfect!
> Ketil

Well, thanks for the reports

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre