[linux-audio-user] Spoofing

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Wed Sep 13 12:07:27 EDT 2006

lanas wrote:

>Folks,
>
>  While watching the great movie (!) 'Son of Godzilla' I thought it'd
>be great fun for the kids and me to add our own dialogues to the
>movie.  Something in the vein of MST3K or what the Firesign Theatre
>once did.  We'd take some parts of the movie and add our own silly
>dialogues, while keeping the sound effects and music, if possible.
>
>  Now, I won't ask if anyone wasted 'quality fun time' doing this.  But
>let's suppose some did or at least some have good ideas about how to do
>that, perhaps using a homemade DV movie. How would you go about adding a
>soundtrack to parts of a movie that's transferred to disk ? Is there a
>'movie' player whose audio output can be fed into Jack and mixed using
>Ardour ?  How about recording back to a 'movie format' the results of
>both the audio mix and the footage ?
>
>  Disclaimer: sorry if parts of the query offends digital management
>rights activists.  This is absolutely not for resale.  It is only for
>fun.
>
>Cheers,
>Al

First you have to rip the dvd using something like dvd::rip:

http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

Never used it.

Then you can edit it (and add your own audio) with cinelerra:

http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3

I have had some problems compiling the official version, but I've had
success with this 'branch' version:

http://cvs.cinelerra.org/

This is a powerful software. I'm using it to edit my own dv movies and
I've successfully made some dvds with it.

Cheers,

c.

--
www.cesaremarilungo.com

On the Internet, no one knows you're using Windows NT
        -- Submitted by Ramiro Estrugo, restrugo at fateware.com