[linux-audio-user] Musix 0.59: new version

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Sep 13 17:06:42 EDT 2006

Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:

>Are you sure that your CD/DVD device works really fine?

Yes, it works perfectly otherwise.

>It would be to troublous (I mean "to bother") to burn it at 4x speed?

I'm doing that now. I had forgotten how slow 4x is... :)

Btw, when running it on my laptop I ran into a familiar problem. The
audio/video chipset is a troublesome NM256. ALSA supplies a driver for
it, but it's essentially a dummy driver and doesn't do anything. Is
there an easy way to manually install a driver in Musix ? I know that
the CS4232 driver works on this hardware.

Best,

dp