[linux-audio-user] [songs] songs /songs/ </songs>

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Thu Sep 14 14:16:42 EDT 2006

On Thursday 14 September 2006 11:58, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 10:13:29PM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_bloodsimple1.1.og
> > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_preludium_to_arma
> >geddon1.0.ogg
> > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_i_gotta_hand_it_t
> >o_you1.1.ogg
> > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_ddb3.ogg
> > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_one_minute_jazz.o
> >gg http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_xper1.5.ogg
>
> While the jazz and preludium just arn't my thing,

Mmm :) The jazz thingy is more or less a joke (hope I don't make to may
enemies by saying this), it's somekind of proof that experimental jazz is not
music. ;-P
It was created in 15 minutes using some nice midi instruments and just (nearly
randomly) hitting keys on the keyboard cutting and pasting just a tad and
adding a hihat beat.

Not that I don't like this kind of music, I very much like EST for instance,
but it's a thin line.

> i consider the other
> 3 to be very well done :)
> I especialy like 'I gotta hand it to you'.

Thanks, I had the rhodes and the bass line lying around for a long time until
I finally managed to make something I quite liked out of it.

> Judging from my system here, there's EQing issues though.
> An overly strong high bass / low mid (I would guess somewhere between
> 250 and 400 Hz). It's the attack of the bass, mainly.

Good info! I often can tell that something isn't right but am having a harder
time trying to pinpoint exactly what the problem is.
I'll check it.

Regards,
Robert

--