[linux-audio-user] Ardour's size is out of the screen and can not resized

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 17:28:37 EDT 2006

On Thursday 14 September 2006 02:56 pm, st wrote:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > Hello *,
> >
> > I have recently installed Ardour (Using Debian) but the window
> > frames are outside of the screen (Ident show me, that it has a
> > width of 1063 pixel and can not be sized smaller.  Please can
> > you correct this, tha the startsize IS not bigger a thze actual
> > screen?
>
> I would go along with a 1000 pixel minimum app width standard, which
> would add a bit of room for fancy window borders on a 1024x768 screen.
> I don't have much sympathy anymore for users that can't do better than
> 800x600 though.  I'm getting 2048x1536 at 75Hz (had to brag).

I mentioned the <alt><right click> trick on another (iirc) mailing list not
long ago--it at least makes the situation bearable.  (Hold down <alt>, right
click anywhere in a window (the cursor changes to a cross with arrowheads)
and move the window as necessary to access any part of it you can't see.

Another reason I'm replying is to mention that a lot of people (especially us
older types) still use 800x600 (or 640x480) because of our older eyes.

Randy Kramer