[linux-audio-user] Re: Choosing a pro mobile firewire card

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Sat Sep 16 22:18:11 EDT 2006

> Thanks Loki. I'm a total newbie to macs so I don't know what I can do with the Express/34 Card. Anyone know if there are decent sound cards that can work with that and
> will be ok under linux and osx?

are there even ExpressCard slot audio cards on the market? your best bet if you want the freedom to change OSes, is check the FreeBob compatibility list:

http://freebob.sourceforge.net/index.php/List_of_Supported_Devices

and just assume that it will also work on OSuX and Windoze...

i can make a mild update about the Wiki "nobody has approached echo about the compatiblity". i submitted a tech support inquiry and they responded that they were going to release a new version of the 'generic' driver for the audiofire boxes on their frontpage, for linux driver support. if you want those, mayeb you could donate to freebob and bug them to bug echo and get going on it...