[linux-audio-user] Re: Where to do a computer music related PhD

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 10:18:16 EDT 2006

On 9/19/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stanford at CCRMA? Contact Fernando I suppose.
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/
>
> I guess he doesn't call it PlanetCCRMA for nothing, right? ;-)
>
> - Mark
>
> On 9/18/06, Loki Davison <loki.davison at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm currently searching for somewhere to do a computer music related
> > PhD (Doctorate) and i'm wondering if anyone on LAU has any ideas or
> > useful contacts. I have a few different ideas for a topic and i'm open
> > to working on an already existing topic as well as my own. I'm
> > especially interested in human computer interaction in computer music.
> > I just got a letter back from the aussie uni I applied for saying they
> > arn't taking any new PhD students for 2007... so on the search again.
> > :)
> >
> > Loki

The thread on the pure data list mentions a few American uni's but not
many elsewhere. What is finding funding like in any of these uni's?
I'd prefer a funded place as working at the same time except for
lecturing/tutoring sound impractical.  Does anyone know options for
the rest of the world or contacts I can chat too? I could just pester
random people but it would be great if i could narrow the search ;)

Loki