[linux-audio-user] Re: Where to do a computer music related PhD

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 19:37:31 EDT 2006

On 9/20/06, james at dis-dot-dat.net <james at dis-dot-dat.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep, 2006 at 03:37PM +1000, Loki Davison spake thus:
> > I'm currently searching for somewhere to do a computer music related
> > PhD (Doctorate) and i'm wondering if anyone on LAU has any ideas or
> > useful contacts. I have a few different ideas for a topic and i'm open
> > to working on an already existing topic as well as my own. I'm
> > especially interested in human computer interaction in computer music.
> > I just got a letter back from the aussie uni I applied for saying they
> > arn't taking any new PhD students for 2007... so on the search again.
> > :)
>
> Are you looking outside of Oz?  And, are you looking to pay for the
> privilege or to be paid?

Any country is fine. I'd prefer to be payed for the privilege or if
there is some associated tutoring/prac demonstration that can cover
cost and provide a living allowance. :) I speak English and German
well and i've studied Hungarian and Russian at uni but I'm not very
good at either. I like learning new languages so i'm fine living
somewhere non-english speaking.

Loki