[linux-audio-user] Re: Best distro for an Intel Powerbook dual boot?

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Wed Sep 20 11:49:18 EDT 2006

On Wed Sep 20, 2006 at 11:13:49AM +0300, juuso.alasuutari at tamperelainen.org wrote:
> Quoting iainduncan at telus.net:
>
> > > Do you want to start a flame-war?
> >
> > Ha ha, no I just want to hear real stories of set ups with audio. So far I
> > have
> > tried on AMD: Debian, Gentoo, Fedora, and now Ubuntu. Gentoo was the hardest
> > install but easiest to tweak out for audio. Dunno what to try on the new
> > machine!
>
> If you want to try another source-based distro, give Source Mage a go. It lets
> you configure, tweak, and optimize anything that's possible, but installing
> packages might not be as hard as with Gentoo.

easier than 'emerge dino seq24 alsaseq2jackmidi ingen' ?

imo we need to come up with a generalized cros-distro build metadata format since at least gentoo, sourcemage, and archlinux have similar yet incompatible ways to specify this..

in other words i wouldnt mind trying sourcemage, but not if it means giving up proadio-overlay.